Project Engineer - Croom Concrete Ltd
Croom Concrete is one of the leading providers of precast concrete in Ireland. Originally serving the local agricultural industry, the company has invested and grown every year in other markets but most notably in the precast construction and transport sectors. Croom Concrete gets involved early in precast design and planning to ensure the customer gets the best precast solution. With their vast experience and technical expertise, Croom offers high quality service and full contract administration.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The project is aiming to design and develop a 'fast-fix' hollowcore concrete slab, up to 500mm deep, that will allow mechanical and electrical service installers to reduce the time and effort involved in attaching fixings to slabs. Croom Concrete has identified this as a critical area that could be made more efficient and safer. The company would like to develop a hollowcore product that offers a more efficient fixing solution for the service runs identified on the 3D models and drawings. This will involve aspects of CAD, project management and a good understanding of quality control systems.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Croom Concrete Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Southern Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Construction or Mechanical engineering related degree, minimum 2:2
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Construction site experience
- AutoCAD expertise
- Knowledge of concrete manufacture
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!