Production Controller - CM Precision Components
The Company designs and manufactures steel fixings and component parts for machinery manufacturers across a number of industries including materials handling and other heavy machinery
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
The main aim of the project is to embed new capability within the company that can evaluate and improve manufacturing processes and systems for the purpose of increasing capacity by 15% and driving out inefficiencies.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be employed by CM Precision Components to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Athlone Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- To evaluate new technology, machinery or processes, as referred to by the company management, and report as to their suitability for adoption by CM Precision.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- BEng with 2:1 honours in engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering design, engineering management, supply chain management or a closely related discipline
- Legally permitted to work in both the UK and the EU.
- Have successfully completed a one year undergraduate industrial placement programme in manufacturing industry or one year related industrial experience.
- Experience of tool making or material science
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Good communicator both orally and written
- Be comfortable in a fast moving production environment
- Be able to contribute positively to the day-to-day management of the company
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!