System Developer - Hyde Ltd t/a Ballymaloe Foods
This is an exciting opportunity in a family company that has grown gradually since 1990. The company is based in Little Island, Co. Cork and manufactures Ballymaloe products for retail and food service markets. We make great tasting products with top quality ingredients. Our company is run with our strong values of hard work, dedication and with the Ballymaloe warmth.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
Ballymaloe Foods currently has a mix of old and new equipment in the production facility. As a consequence, several people are inputting data, running different reports on product processes and measuring variances and efficiencies.
The aim of this project is to maximise our production capabilities and efficiencies through developing a system to reduce manual data input and maximise production through effective data management and analytics. This will enable creation of new business processes, efficient production mixes and methodologies. The business will grow, thereby creating further employment and increase the value of the company to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Hyde Ltd t/a Ballymaloe Foods to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- B.Eng or BSc in a Computing/IT/Process engineering or related discipline (Minimum Second Class, upper division – 2:1)
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Work experience of 2+ years in an industry environment
- Solid understanding of high level computing languages
- Knowledge of business processes
- Knowledge of databases, networking and hardware
- Experience in deploying commercial software applications
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!