Manufacturing Technician - Accutool Ltd
Accutool was founded in 1985 by the McAuliffe family and provides Manufacturing Companies with engineering solutions, delivering supply chain components, assemblies, production engineering solutions, fabricated products and Health & safety products & services. Thousands of Accutool components have been used in orthopedic joint replacements, aircraft engines, defense robots, electronic process equipment, test equipment & Medical diagnostics equipment.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
Accutool is a subcontractor of manufacturing and machining for the ROI market and provides bespoke engineering services to mainly the Pharma and Medical Sectors.
The main objective of this project is to implement process improvement measures through assessing the current ticket-based system for enquiries and identifying how best to release the subsequent bottleneck on time and efficiency within the company’ various production processes. The purpose of the project is to increase productivity, whilst also establishing a 3D scanner facility to add reverse engineering into the company’s provisions.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Accutool Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the South Eastern Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or have been awarded at least a 2:2 honours (degree or equivalent) in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Work or placement experience using 3D CAD (E.g. Solidworks).
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Background in CNC machining.
- Experience in design and manufacturing or production processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!