Student Life Officer
This full time, Dublin-based position will suit qualified individuals seeking a dynamic and challenging role in international education. The successful candidate will join the small Arcadia University, College of Global Studies Dublin-based team in developing and delivering Arcadia University study abroad programmes in Ireland for US university students.
The Student Life Officer’s primary roles are student-facing and developmental; a significant amount of travel throughout Ireland in support of Arcadia students studying on Irish university campuses with a focus on co-curricular excursions and cultural trips balanced alongside a number of Dublin and centre-oriented responsibilities. The use of social media and blogging will be central to maintaining student contact, informing students of events and relaying information. This role will also be responsible for carrying the after-hours emergency phone on a rota basis, responding to lower level emergencies and forwarding serious emergencies to senior staff.
This position is based in Dublin, involves considerable travel and entails frequent evening and weekend work.
The position requires a graduate with:
- Event planning and management experience;
- High level of flexibility and willingness to work outside of regular office hours;
- Knowledge of Irish higher education;
- Student-facing experience with local and international students in Ireland;
- Knowledge of Ireland and its regional places of interest;
- 2-3 years experience with office administration;
- IT skills including MS Office;
- Familiarity with/active use of social media including Instagram, blogging, Twitter and Facebook;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including group leadership;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Permission to work in the Republic of Ireland;
Desirable additional factors include:
- Some international experience
- Experience in leading outdoor activities
- Salesforce CRM experience
- Full and clean driver’s license
Roles & Responsibilities:
This full-time position is based in Dublin. This position will report to the Assistant Director in Ireland. The position will need to become familiar with regulations and procedures of The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University as well as Irish university resources and support services in order to support Arcadia University study abroad students in Ireland. It is expected that the successful applicant will develop their independence in the role over time, so that they are able to work with minimal supervision following completion of a probationary period. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the potential for such development.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: This is a full-time position with evening and weekend work sometimes required.
Student Life (55%)
Besides shared duties with the Dublin based staff that includes communications with students, presentations at orientations, airport pickups, emergency response and emergency phone coverage, the incumbent will perform specific tasks such as:
- Together with the Assistant Director, foster a sense of community among the students at the Dublin Centre and among students participating in co-curricular activities.
- Together with Assistant Director, plan and coordinate extra and co-curricular programming;
- Visit Arcadia Irish programme locations regularly;
- Plan and attend Dublin Centre events
- Attend and participate in extra and co-curricular events with students;
- Actively engage and advise students on ways to integrate into their communities and host universities
- Support planning and delivery of custom and internship programmes;
- Handle the 24/7 emergency phone support service along with other Dublin Center staff
- Understand and maintain familiarity with crisis protocols.
Office Administration (30%)
- Timetabling of centre-based programming;
- Assist and support keeping of student records;
- Ordering office supplies and stationary;
- Accommodation booking for Arcadia staff and visitors;
- Printing and assembling orientation materials;
- Reception coverage;
- Grocery orders
- Other duties as required by the Resident Director
Social Media (15%)
- Draft Weekly blog entries and coordinate social media submissions from staff and students as requested by the Marketing team
- Setup and support social media pages
- Run student competitions
Health and Safety
- Comply with all health and safety requirements and will be responsible for ensuring that staff, students and visitors under their direction are also in compliance.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!