LTTS is a world class provider of aero engine component repair services to airlines and engine overhaul shops around the world. At LTTS, we specialise in the repair of aircraft engine components for both high pressure and low pressure turbine engines. LTTS is part of the EPAR (Engine Parts & Accessories Repair) network of Lufthansa Technik. The Company was founded in 1992 and we employ over 250 people in our state of the art facility in Shannon.
All repairs are carried out in accordance with approvals of the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC).
Lufthansa Technik Turbine Shannon (LTTS) is licensed by General Electric and CFMI, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) of aircraft engines, to carry out repairs in accordance with their engine shop manuals, making LTTS unique as one of a small number of companies outside of the engine manufacturers who are licensed to carry out repairs. Our expertise and focus is on the repair of high pressure turbine (HPT) shrouds, high and low pressure turbine Nozzle Guide Vanes (HPT & LPT NGVs) from the CFM56 series, CF6-80C2 and CF34 type engines.
The success of LTTS is built on its people. Our employees are fundamental to our organisation as they ensure we meeting our customer needs. In particular, delivering products of the highest quality standard, in the shortest possible turn time and at a competitive cost. This business is continuously evolving and therefore LTTS continually develops and expands its product and process capability to keep pace with the changing market demands. It is the company's goal that through the dedicated teamwork of all employees, the ongoing investment in equipment, training and product development, LTTS will further develop its leading position in the engine parts repair business.
We now wish to recruit skilled and highly-motivated individuals who would like to join our team as a Graduate Engineer. If you would like to be part of our growing, dynamic aviation business, then this could be a good opportunity for you
The Graduate Engineer works under the supervision of an Engineering Leader / Quality Manager. The graduate will take responsibility for tasks / projects assigned to him / her and will be supported by his / her supervisor.
1. Product Engineering
- Prepare / modify work instructions in line with Repair Document requirements
- Review of ESM and RD documents to identify and implement the changes that affect LTTS product in accordance with the LTTS Documentation Review procedures
- Determine & implement process changes required by audit findings and corrective actions
- Procure equipment for production and complete installation, commissioning and process verification
- Investigate quality rejects to determine root cause and corrective / preventative actions
- Provide technical support to Production team members, e.g. dispositioning of parts
2. Product Quality
- Review of Work Instructions against OEM Repair Documents to verify product compliance
- Conduct product quality audits and report findings and support implementation of corrective actions
- Conduct auditing of the production processes for compliance with work instructions
- Establish and Implement the CTQ metrics to determine / control process stability
- Define the daily, weekly, monthly TPM checks with Maintenance
- Conduct investigation of process problems, taking corrective action where deviation occurs
- Investigate and issue written reports on non-conformances relating to the product quality
- Work with other team members to identify & implement solutions for quality issues
- Promote application of best practices to deliver robust processes in repair of products
3. Other duties
- Participate in cross-functional project teams
- Miscellaneous tasks / projects as directed by supervisor / management
Qualifications / Skills
- Degree in Production, Materials or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to understand complex processes involving multiple disciplines
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Disciplined structure approach to defining / qualifying process stability
- Competent communication & report writing skills
- Strong PC / Microsoft Office Skills
Availability to provide technical support outside normal hours
If interested, please send through your cv via the ‘Apply by Email’ button
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!