Process Improvement Project Manager - Byrne-Mech Ltd
Byrne-Mech is an OEM sheet metal Company involved in the design, prototyping, manufacture and validation of sheet metal components and assemblies for a wide range of customers across various industrial sectors in Ireland, UK, Europe and beyond. Industry sectors supplied include Aerospace, Transport Refrigeration, Construction and Mining, Data Centre’s and Electrical Distribution as well as general engineering.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
In order to support the company’s competitiveness and grow their business share within the Aerospace Industry, this project will focus on the development of:
- a new technology for material traceability and product inspection
- additional in-house metal finishing processes and
- new advanced metal-based materials and materials processing technologies.
In addition to increasing its market share, the company will benefit from additional export opportunities and significant cost savings.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Byrne-Mech Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Queen’s University Belfast. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To have or be due to be awarded a 2.1 Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Material Science by July 2019.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Knowledge and Experience of Sheet Metal Engineering environments.
- Experience in process improvement, problem solving and cost benefit analysis.
- Experience of working with Metals and alloys including metal finishing.
- Ability to project manage and work on own initiative.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!