Quality Assurance Engineer - Multi Crete Agri Products Ltd
Multicrete manufacture and supply concrete products including precast slats, beams, drinkers, lintels, kerbs as well as ready mixed concrete and aggregates to both the local, UK and ROI markets.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
Multicrete would like to develop and embed a new concrete testing capability within the company. This will ensure all requisite skills for such a process are in-house and meet the stringent relevant international standards and will enable the company to CE marking. To assist this process they also need to establish and embed 3D CAD design capability to allow the company to employ much more effective design techniques in all their NPD ideas and to design from site measurements the product requirements for individual jobs.
The combination of the introduction of new testing capability and the introduction of 3D design capacity into the business are perceived as the crucial innovation elements in the company’s ability to sustain current growth patterns.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Multi Crete Agri Products Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or have been awarded a Min 2.2 degree in Structural or Civil Engineering/Technical design by end June 2019
- Experience of 3D CAD design;
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Postgraduate qualification in an engineering related subject.
- Practical experience of working in the construction / engineering sector
- Quality control qualification / experience
- Technical sales/marketing experience
- Ability to read construction drawings and be able to quantify them
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!