Graduate Landscape Architect - Ireland
Opening & Closing Date: Open 01/09/18 - Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible since CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
We enjoy what we do at AECOM and bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work. We’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you with the support you need in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed.
We offer an exceptional team approach working closely with architects, engineers, economists, community outreach and other related professionals to develop award winning integrated projects. Our local practice work leverages AECOM’s global presence to address urban and climate change, and to serve as catalysts for regeneration.
As a Graduate Landscape Architect in our studio you will have the opportunity to work with senior members of the team on a wide range of project types at all stages of the design and implementation process to include:
- Public realm and Landscape design from conceptual to detail design stage, including Town centre/ Urban Public Realm Improvement schemes, parks, business and commercial developments, residential developments, healthcare and education campuses, and transport based landscape projects.
- Tourism and community projects, including interpretation planning, community-led planning, public consultation, design workshops, village and town appraisals, and public realm design strategies.
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment for developments such as: Roads, Wind farms, grid infrastructure and substations, quarries, industrial, commercial and residential developments as part of Environmental Impact Assessment projects.
Position responsibilities include:
- Site surveys and analysis, research, public and stakeholder consultation, and production of concept/ detail design, construction drawings and works specifications.
- Production of high quality presentation drawings and graphics.
- Production of high quality written reports.
- Supporting project managers and other staff with other office duties with integrity and flexibility.
- Organising and managing your professional work responsibly and independently where necessary.
- Carry out professional work with care, conscientiousness and with proper regard to relevant technical and professional standards.
- Ability of working to meet demanding deadlines.
- Degree or Masters in Landscape Architecture accredited by EFLA/IFLA, Landscape Institute (LI) and/or the Irish Landscape Institute (ILI).
- Excellent computer and freehand graphic skills (Shortlisted Candidates will be expected to provide examples of work).
- Sound knowledge of Adobe suite and AutoCAD are essential.
- 3D computer skills are an advantage; in particular, Rhino or SketchUp.
- Interest in all aspects of Landscape Architecture from concept to detail design.
- A hard working and highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
- Previous relevant work experience in a year out capacity from recognised Landscape practice would be beneficial.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines; and each and every one of them makes a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
Working within our integrated design team you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience on a variety of innovative projects with mentor support for the LI Pathway to Chartership (P2C). You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!