R&D Chemist (m/f) with responsibility for product compliance
In this role you will work collaboratively in a cross functional team on the sustainment and development of our range of TOC water analysers and accessory products. You will be instrumental in the validation of a new product range, maintaining product compliance and improving quality and reliability
- Testing and validation of Hach Ireland products.
- Maintains product compliance for active products.
- Has knowledge of product reliability testing, involving the testing of components to ensure insensitivity to manufacturing variation, temperature, humidity, aging, corrosion, vibration, shock. Has knowledge of FMEA.
- Assists in the development of product manuals, specification sheets, procedures for product test / assembly, debug and test.
- Tests and provides reports for customer samples.
- Strong hands-on skills.
- Fast learner, enthusiastic and curious, a logical, creative and innovative thinker. Brings solutions to the team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team orientated, with good communication and presentation skills.
- An understanding of analytical instrumentation would be a benefit.
- Compliance with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
- Occasional foreign travel or travel outside the normal work location may be required.
- Degree in Chemistry or similar qualification
- Experience in industrial or consumer product development, and product compliance / recent graduates are also welcome to apply
- Demonstrated skills required for this position:
- Thorough understanding of inorganic, organic and physical chemistry.
- Knowledge of analyser testing, including software and specification validation.
- Understands material compatibility requirements in analyser design.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!