MDPI, is an academic open access publisher, established in 1996 in Basel (Switzerland). We publish over 200 peer-reviewed open access journals across ten different fields and offer publishing-related initiatives to scholars. In addition, we offer professional conference management services connected with our publishing expertise, and organize a variety of international conferences covering Life Sciences, Physical Science and Engineering, Social Sciences and Health Sciences.
Since 1996, MDPI has grown into a publishing house with over 1000 employees and offices in Basel (Switzerland), Beijing and Wuhan (China), Barcelona (Spain) and Belgrade (Serbia).
As a member of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics), STM (International Association of Scientific, Technical, and Medical Publishers), and OASPA (Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association) MDPI enforces rigorous peer-review and adheres to strict ethical policies and standards.
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive person to join our Team in Barcelona as a full-time Assistant Editor.
You would start out as an Editorial Trainee working in close collaboration with our Managing Editors learning how to process papers properly from submission to publication. Once you have successfully completed your traineeship you will be appointed as an Assistant Editor position. You should share our passion for spreading the newly acquired knowledge of today’s scientific community and feel motivated to contribute to open access publishing. Depending on your scientific background you will be assigned to an according field.
Execute editorial work for journals in your domain of expertise, including organizing the review process for manuscripts, overseeing editorial decisions and handling the communication between the parties involved in the publication process.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Major – Areas: Analytical chemistry; Applied chemistry; Astronomy; Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Biological Engineering; Biology; Bioscience; Biotechnology; Botany; Chemical Biology; Chemical engineering; Chemical Related; Chemistry; Clinical medicine; Computer; Ecology; Economy and finance; Education; Electrical engineering; Electronic engineering; Energy; English; Environmental science; Ethics; Geology; Horticulture; Humanities and social sciences; Hydrologyship; Instrumentation; Law; Management; Marine engineering related; Marine science; Material related; Materials; Mathematic; Mechanical; Mechanical engineering; Medical science; Microbiology; Molecular Biology; Nano; Optics; Physics; Polymer; Polymer Chemistry; Public health; Religion; Safety; Transportation; Viruses; Water resources; Zoology
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent English skills in written and spoken language.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail.
- Experience with scholarly publishing beneficial.
- Spanish work permit
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to develop a professional career within an international company leader in its field.
- International friendly working atmosphere.
- On-going training.
- Central location.
Please send your application letter and CV in English to Miriam Gómez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!