Environmental and R & D Officer - Alert Packaging Ltd
Alert Packaging is a leading supplier of flexible packaging products to the food industry and other industrial sectors. These include meat, dairy, confectionery, pet food, wet and dry ingredients, fresh and ambient foods.
Reporting to: Technical Director
Salary: Depending on Experience
Experience: Some experience required – minimum 1 year
Alert Packaging are currently looking to recruit an Environmental and R & D Officer. The role will be to develop and maintain Alert Packaging environmental structures using an environmental management system. You will work directly under the Technical Director on product development and product introduction.
- Implementation, with continual improvement of Environmental Management System
- Train, motivate and develop the workforce to adhere to the agreed standards
- Liaise with the EPA , Repak, Local Authority and neighbouring properties
- Environmental monitoring including air, water, noise and odour
- Assuring legislative compliance
- Organise and assess energy and environmental auditing
- Laboratory tests and Monitoring
- Project Management
- Working with Customers on New Product Development
- Prepared to travel in Ireland when requested.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Hard Working & Reliable
- Good attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Ability to take instruction but also have the ability to work on own initiative
- An interest in reading legislation
- Compiling data and data entry
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!