Graduate Project Engineer (Water Treatment)
- A Murphy Group company, Murphy Process Engineering Limited are a leading turnkey contractor in the water and wastewater treatment sector.
- We design, build and operate water infrastructure to meet the needs of public and private sector clients in both the Irish and UK water markets.
- We are an Engineers Ireland CPD accredited employer committed to investing in the development of our employees.
- We are seeking graduate mechanical / electrical engineers to join our MEICA delivery teams for a number of major design-build projects.
- This is a great opportunity to gain in depth experience of how water infrastructure projects are delivered through all stages from conceptual design through construction, process commissioning and long term operation and maintenance.
- Develop knowledge and expertise by providing support to experienced engineers on a broad range duties to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to industry leading technical and performance standards.
- Get involved in detailed design preparation, managing site installation and commissioning works, liaising with suppliers and subcontractors and gain exposure to commercial management of large scale projects.
- Reporting to the Project Manager these positions will be based both in Dublin and in Cork.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop knowledge and understanding of project deliverables and contractual requirements.
- Report to and communicate with the Project Manager and project team throughout project execution and take ownership of delegated task and duties.
- Support the project team in the management and monitoring of project delivery within defined budget and programme requirements.
- Assist the project team in all aspects of project delivery including SHESQ management, design preparation, procurement of equipment and materials, management of suppliers and subcontractors, and on-site management of installation and commissioning activities.
- Develop an understanding of all company policies and procedures and participate in external audits as required for ISO accreditation.
- Play and active role in ensuring the company SHESQ policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain a working environment, which is supportive and respectful of other employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Level 8) or equivalent engineering qualification focussing specifically on water / wastewater treatment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to prioritise and plan workload efficiently as well as to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline, e.g. water and wastewater engineering, project management, etc.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!