Operations & Settlements Graduate Position
NBC Global Finance is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada (“NBC”). The main strategic purpose of NBCGF is to enable the NBC Group (“NBC Group”, meaning NBC and all its subsidiaries) to grow and diversify its presence in Europe while allowing for a natural development of its existing business relationships and the establishment of new ones in the European markets.
NBC has over 150 years of history and is currently the 6th largest Canadian bank. Through its branch and subsidiary network, NBC is able to service clients throughout North America and Europe.
Ultimately, NBC’s strategy is to establish NBCGF as its hub for trading and financial services in Europe.
NBC Global Finance (NBCGF) is looking for a graduate (graduating 2018/2019) that is interested in undertaking an internship in Dublin, Ireland. The graduate need not be from a finance background but knowledge, coupled with interest in the industry, is a plus. The candidate is expected to assist in the development of the business, from devising new systems to solving inefficiencies.
The internship will last 4 months during which the candidate will work on multiple tasks related to operations, swap economics, settlements across multiple markets, processing corporate actions and generally supporting the trading desk. The working environment is based on a small team of professionals that create a highly efficient and dynamic setting.
- Assist in the management of the trade settlement process.
- Assist in the development of Securities Lending functions and processes.
- Liaise directly with clients, their settlement service providers, our settlement service team, and our trading desk to resolve settlement issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide a consistent high quality service to both our internal and external clients.
- Maintain cash and position break reconciliation reports to a high standard ensuring reduced operational risk.
- Understand settlement process and market rules.
- Monitor and track all market events, corporate actions, dividends and any entitlements on all positions related to the Securities Borrowing/Lending activities and portfolios of the entity.
- Maintain and ensure accurate manufactured dividend processing.
- Calculate Swap economics and liaise with counterparties.
- Monitor exposures, collateral movements, daily marks, fees & rebates.
- Monitor post trade activity and complete various daily reconciliations.
- Ensure adequate transaction reporting is conveyed to the Regulator on all reportable trades.
Requirements for this Role
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 2.1 grade in a 3rd level degree
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Qualifications in VBA coding is not necessary but is a plus
- Numerical/analytical skills.
- Strong interest in Investment Markets.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Have a high level of initiative and determination.
- Flexible, positive attitude approach to work.
- Good communicator both written and verbal.
- Energetic and motivated.
- A professional manner - presentable and personable.
- A team player but also with the ability to work on own initiative.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!