The Simon Communities of Ireland are committed to empowering and working with people experiencing homelessness by campaigning and providing the highest possible standards of care. Interns provide a core element of this service as they enhance and support the paid staff in the work they do towards this goal.
This role would entail working alongside the Quality and Best Practice Coordinator on a number of Client Involvement and Client feedback projects leading to a Client Satisfaction Survey for the organisation as well as a number of other initiatives. This would provide the successful Intern experience of a range of homeless services and research.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In partnership with and support from Quality and Best Practice Coordinator;
Client Satisfaction Survey:
- Engage Clients in workshops which would offer feedback on the results of previous surveys and impact on change within services based on client feedback.
- Client and other stakeholder input through a number of forums to identify priority areas/ topics for exploration for 2019 survey.
- Exploring suitable methodologies, setting research questions, seeking client input throughout.
- Carry out 2019 survey with clients across all services.
- Analysis of data collected and writing up of the 2019 Client Satisfaction Survey.
- Dissemination of survey results across the organisation.
- Supporting client input into Policy Advisory Group.
- Supporting client volunteer roles.
- Supporting Clients input into organizational and Client involvement strategy.
- To attend regular support and supervision sessions with line manager/supervisor and participate in designated and agreed training from supervision.
- Interns may also be asked to do other general tasks associated with residential work, as appropriate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Subscribe fully to Galway Simon Community values and mission
- Experience of working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups will be an advantage.
- Some experience of previous research would benefit the role
- Good Communicator
- Highly motivated
- Good sense of humour
- Takes initiative
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good Administration Skills
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!