We currently have two graduate positions available commencing in the summer of 2019. We are looking for ambitious, enthusiastic individuals to join our team. You will be working with a highly experienced team of engineers and will have the opportunity to work in a devops environment with engineers in our development, deployment and support departments. If you want to continue your journey of learning different technologies and having the opportunity to work in an innovative, fast paced environment, then this is the role for you.
As a Graduate Telecommunications Software Services Engineer you will deploy, integrate and support Linux based messaging platforms in mobile networks across the globe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deployment of Openmind solutions in customer networks – installation, integration, test & go-live
- Work with solution architects and product development to resolve any issues encountered
- Attend internal and customer facing project meetings
- Provide product/ technical training to customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction through excellent customer care - support & troubleshooting
- Management of customer support tickets from initiation through to closure
- Troubleshoot and analyse problems; answer customer queries; implement configuration requests; install software updates, patches and change requests
- Create incident reports and customer facing procedure documents
- Liaise with customer representatives on issues and for support review meetings
Candidates for the above role will be highly motivated to work in the telecommunications sector. To succeed, you will have an engaging and inquisitive personality and a natural technical proficiency for all things Telecom and IT related.
You will have a natural drive to solve problems and have an innovative streak when it comes to delivering solutions. You must enjoy working with other people and with Openmind Networks you will have the opportunity to work with people across the globe.
You will know that you are the type of person we are looking for if you have:
- An interest in technology, as demonstrated by previous projects
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline (Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications etc)
- Experience and understanding of network protocols such as IP
- Knowledge of Linux, scripting and programming languages
- Strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands
- A willingness to travel internationally
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- A competitive salary with performance related bonus
- A substantial allowance towards health insurance
- Insurance for long term disability and life assurance
- Extensive technical training
- One-to-One mentoring and coaching sessions with our leading engineers
- The opportunity for career advancement through our structured career path
- Exam Leave for those who are continuing to improve on their skills outside of the workplace
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- The opportunity to work in newly emerging technologies
- Commuter Scheme benefits – Openmind participate in the public transport initiative and the bike to work scheme
- Months 1 & 2 will involve a combination of classroom training and hands on exercises to develop your knowledge of mobile messaging technology, Traffic Control architecture, 3rd party technologies & tools, and our DevOps process for delivering & deploying software. You will get familiar with the Linux operating system, build your own Traffic Control installation and through testing & experimentation begin to gain a deeper understanding of the platform.
- Months 3 to 6 will see you join the Software QA department immersing yourself in the sustaining, maintenance and forward development of our Traffic Control product. This will give you a profound knowledge of our product and will allow you to be an effective member of the team.
- Months 7 to 12 will largely be spent working with our global Deployment team. Here you will work on a deployment project under the guidance of an assigned Deployment Lead mentor. During this phase you will learn how to integrate the Traffic Control product into a customer network, perform Customer Acceptance Testing, migrate traffic to the system, and sort out issues to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Months 13 to 24 will be a combination of gaining more experience in the various professional services teams including customer support, service delivery and project deployment. At the end of 2 years you should be capable of being a technical lead on a project deployment with a very good knowledge of messaging protocols, Traffic Control, Linux OS and scripting.
Communication is a fundamental need of the human race. People love to talk, chat and socialise and Openmind is at the forefront of the communication technology that underpins human chat. Our platform, Traffic Control, is the messaging system of the future connecting people, machines, bots, things, cloud, applications and services to each other for chat, for messaging and for commerce.
In 2003, founders Alex Duncan, Brian Kelly and Billy Shekleton left behind the leading SMSC vendor in the world of that time and created Openmind Networks. Since, then, Openmind has strongly emerged as the fastest growing vendor in its market, with a single powerful mobile platform that now offers multiple communication services to all market segments within the Telecoms industry.
Each day, Openmind platforms deliver over 1 Billion Messages worldwide.
Customers include mobile network operators, inter-carrier operators and global giants in social media. The platform, known as Traffic Control, incorporates all messaging functions such as SMSC, MMSC, USSD, Anti-Spam and next generation services such as IP SM-GW and RCS.
Working with Openmind Networks
Openmind has led innovation in mobile messaging since the company foundation 14 years ago. This is only possible because of the great team of people that we have. Our core values, represented by the 3 dots that are part of the company logo, are care, flexibility and innovation. We strive to deliver these in all projects and to all customers.
As part of the team, you can expect to:
- Work in a DevOps environment where software is continuously delivered and deployed to customer sites
- Get the opportunity to work with the latest telecoms and IT technologies
- Work with a globally respected team of engineers that has led innovation in mobile messaging for the last 14 years
- Have ownership, responsibility and accountability for your work
- Develop your technical expertise rapidly as you will receive first class training and mentoring by our experienced and highly skilled team of engineers
- Get the opportunity to travel internationally for project deployments
- Work in a challenging, supportive and open environment
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!