General Motors Apprenticeship Programme - Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME)
The programme is a 12-month training & work experience paid program as a Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) specializing in Immersive Technology (3D modelling / substance designer / virtual reality / augmented reality / mixed reality / haptics) or Networking (routing/switching) or Display Innovation (digital signage) with a world leader in Automotive Manufacturing, Autonomous Vehicles and Alternative Ownership.
IT areas being covered include Networking, Digital Signage, Immersive Technologies.
The main technologies we will focus on are:
- UnReal Engine, Substance Designer, PhotoShop, BitBucket,
- Cisco WAN/LAN/WIFI products.
The programme involves:
- Significant hands-on training and work experience in real-world production of commercially viable market-disrupting competitive product offerings in the visualization/modelling domain.
- Online and classroom-based training on Networking, Digital Signage and Immersive Technologies.
- Significant hands-on training and work experience in real-world Engineering & Support of an enterprise-level Network environment.
- Solutioning for real-world Business Requirements by leveraging cutting- edge technologies.
- Make tangible contribution to the operation of a hugely successful commerce-driven, innovation-minded organization.
- Experience first-hand the internal corporate mechanics of bringing products to the market through innovation from Proof-of-Concept to Production
- Programme participants will join multi-functional, cross-skilled, mixed-experienced technical teams to get hands-on technical implementation and support experience in a large US-based multi-national corporation.
- Team members will work with diverse business units right across General Motors.
Required qualifications and skills:
Applicants should have:
- A proven interest in Information Technology, Problem Solving and Leading Change.
- In the Immersive Technology space an interest/passion for 3D Graphic engines such as Unreal or Unity. 3D modelling and level design, texturing and photography
- A 3rd level Degree qualification in Computer Science, IT Engineering or Mathematics is required.
- Alternatively, a Postgraduate Conversion Qualification in Computer Science/IT and a degree in another subject, are required.
- The apprenticeship programme represents a perfect opportunity for IT professionals who have been out of the workplace and want to come back to enhance their careers.
- Applicants without significant educational qualifications are also very welcome to apply but should have significant software-focussed IT work experience with proven track record.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to the following email addresses: email@example.com
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!