General Motors Apprenticeship Programme - Software Developer
The programme is a 12 month training & work experience paid program as a Software Developer with a world leader in Automotive Manufacturing, Autonomous Vehicles and Alternative Ownership.
IT areas being covered include Java Development, SQL, Data Analytics/Warehousing and Machine Learning.
The main technologies we will focus on are:
Java, Angular, Python, HTML5, TensorFlow, and SQL.
The programme involves:
- Online and classroom-based training on Private Cloud, Angular and SQL.
- Online and classroom-based training in Virtualization, Networking and Cybersecurity.
- Online and classroom-based training in Java and building REST Services with Spring.
- Significant hands-on training and work experience in real world Java development projects for Manufacturing Cybersecurity Initiatives
- Working in a scaled agile environment, within agile scrum teams.
- Solving Real World Business Problems using proven methodologies.
- Programme participants will join multi-functional, mixed experienced work project Scrum teams early in the program, to get hands-on software development experience in real world Automotive Environments.
- Team members will work with diverse business units right across General Motors.
- Each team typically consists of a Scrum Master, Technical Lead, and Developers with distinct experience levels, System Testers and assigned Software Architect.
Required qualifications and skills:
Applicants should have:
- A proven interest in Information technology and problem solving.
- A 3rd level Degree qualification in Computer Science, IT Engineering or Mathematics is required.
- Alternatively, a Postgraduate Conversion Qualification in Computer Science/IT and a degree in another subject, are required.
- The apprenticeship programme represents a perfect opportunity for IT professionals who have been out of the workplace and want to come back to enhance their careers.
- Applicants without significant educational qualifications are also very welcome to apply but should have significant software-focussed IT work experience with proven track record.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at our career website
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!