English Teacher in China
The Teach English in China (TEIC) Programme [www.teic.co.uk] is a boutique programme dedicated to sending graduates to China. It is run in conjunction with CEAIE, a not for profit wing of the Ministry of Education, Beijing.
Applicants must be graduates, and fluent English speakers. Those who are graduating in July are eligible to apply. Any degree subject is accepted and no experience is required as full training is provided.
We recruit all year round for 10 month teaching placements starting every August, September, October and February. Our teaching placements are in cities throughout China from Kindergarten to University Level and we place based on your preferences towards area and teaching age.
Teachers are provided with an international airfare, a furnished, campus apartment free of charge and a local teacher's salary (£1,200-£1,800pm).
You will teach approximately 16-25 hours per week. If you would prefer more hours we also have full time placements available. No teaching experience is required for either.
FREE TEFL training is provided by the Ministry of Education through an on line, 120 hour course. In addition, there is a preparation training camp in Beijing, Shanghai or Hunan Province where you put your theory into practice.
What we offer:
- Salary between £1,200 - £1,800 per month
- Free online TEFL training course
- Free training camp on arrival where you will meet other TEIC teachers
- International return airfare
- Free apartment with complete facilities
- Full support through the visa process
- Medical insurance
- Free Chinese courses
- Frequently organized activities for all foreign teachers
- We place friends together
What to expect:
- Teaching oral and written English for primary, junior and senior students in public schools
- Class size: 25-40
- Employment contract is 10 month, includes 4 weeks winter holiday with salary included
- 16-25 lesson period/week（40 or 45mins/lesson period）
Please note: TEIC offer a support service for £190. This is not compulsory.
Do something very different for a year: learn Mandarin: explore China.
For further details contact Professor Phil Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 07531 789984.
Full details of the programme can be found at www.teic.co.uk
Join our Facebook group - facebook.com/TEIC.Programme
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!