Software developer, McBreen Environmental
McBreen Environmental provides a range of services in the Environmental sector. The company prides itself in using the latest technology, fully trained knowledge staff and a fleet of specialised vehicles, to work with clients towards a better environment and meet all environmental and regulatory standards across a range of sectors.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
McBreen Environmental has identified an opportunity to develop a new software platform for its business. The Fusion graduate along with the academic supervisors will be central to the specification, design, development and testing of the new software platform and this will be an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to develop this new platform from start to finish under the guidance of the company and academic supervisors.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Mc Breen Environmental to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTrade Ireland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, BSc / BEng in Computing / Computer Science / Software Development or related degree with significant computing content
- Experience of software and database development
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- 2-year industry experience.
- Experience in cloud-based systems / Experience of MVC approach to web applications
- Experience in Mobile application development / Knowledge of mobile application architecture
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!