Electrical / Electronic Development Engineer, GM Steel Fabricators Limited
GM Steel Fabricators Limited operates within target sectors of the food industry and supply a specialist range of equipment to the following developing sectors:
- Slaughter hall development
- Specialty food producers
- Boning & chilled areas
- Further food processors
- Catering supplier processors
- Materials handling.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The project will create a ready for market version of an MRI scanning unit for grading pig meat that is at first prototype stage and requires additional development to electronic components. It will also develop the electronic production processes needed to bring it to market.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by GM Steel Fabricators Limited to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Southern Regional College. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, a minimum 2:2 in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Legally permitted to work in the UK and EU
- A clean full driving license
- The ability to undertake International travel
- The ability to use latest specialist design software [or undertake in house training]
- The ability to problem solve and improve designs, specifications and technical drawings
- At least 1 year’s practical industry experience in a busy electrical/electronic engineering role
- The ability to communicate in a second European or Far East language would be an advantage
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!