Real-time 3D Digital Content Designer/Animator, Engineering Documentation Ltd.
The company’s principal business is the provision of documentation and co-ordinated drawings for the construction sector within Ireland, the UK, Europe and the Middle East, primarily the Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) sector.
- Digital Safety Files.
- Operation & Maintenance (“O&M”) manuals.
- Digital models of buildings - known as Building Information Modelling (“BIM”).
- Drawings such as architectural plans, building services’ layout etc.
The company also operates an “Autodesk Authorised Training Centre”, offering professionally recognised training in digital modelling.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The successful Graduate will be key in the development of a new technology to merge 3D models of buildings and the planned space for the building into a single view, merging virtual design with the real world, using Augmented Reality (AR). This will allow clients to better visualise the end product and simplify the planned coordination of constructions.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Engineering Documentation Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- Hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, minimum of a 2:2 Honour’s Degree in 3D animation,3D games content development or closely related discipline
- Evidence of 3D modelling and visualisation using Autodesk software (via a digital portfolio)
- Experience in the use of Unity or Unreal games rendering engines and related workflows
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Post Graduate qualification in related subject
- Professional experience in working with clients delivering Design and Digital Content projects Experience of working with diverse import/export conversion workflows
- Experience of immersive tech projects (AR and or VR)
- Experience of user experience (UX) related projects, either from a GUI or narrative design perspective
- Working knowledge of Revit, SketchUp or similar software
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!