Process Development Supervisor (Paint Division), Galco Steel Ltd
Galco has been at the forefront of the galvanizing industry in Ireland for the past 52 years, and houses the country’s largest galvanizing facility in Dublin. It offers a fast turnaround in steel galvanizing with full technical support. Galco also offers a range of own products including surface water drainage solutions, access covers, and road markings
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
Galco wish to develop a functioning paint-shop unit with its own quality systems, traceability, testing, etc. The successful applicant will oversee production and develop a systemised process of mixing, testing, application and quality assuring the painting of galvanised steel.
We see this as an innovation that will give us an edge on our competitors offering galvanising and then painting in a one-stop controlled process. The project will avail of the structure and support of Fusion programme to ensure that robust production systems are put in place.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be employed by Galco Steel Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Southern Regional College. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan, in particular to develop systems and ultimately oversee all aspects of a paint plant.
- Liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, a relevant technical qualification such as an Industrial or Manufacturing engineering related degree, level 6 or greater.
- Over 2 years Industrial experience of Production/Quality systems
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Management experience or experience of working in a supervisory position
- Process / paint technology experience
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!