Project Manager, Mid Cork Pallets & Packaging
Mid-Cork Pallets & Packaging is the leading manufacturer of pallets in Ireland. Operating from a 20,000 square meter facility near Macroom in Cork and a 7,000 square meter storage and distribution centre in Dunboyne, Co. Meath, MCP is strategically located to service the Irish market, close to all major road networks. Established over 30 years ago, MCP has a wealth of experience in both the pallet and packaging market.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
With the expansion of the packaging side of the business we are looking for a strong candidate to oversee and manage the optimisation of warehouse management systems.
The project will focus on changing / streamlining the internal processes of stock management and moving towards an automated system. This involves the implementation & customisation of stock control software as well as a re-design of current warehouses to increase capacity & efficiency of picking & monitoring processes.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Mid Cork Pallets & Packaging to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the South Eastern Regional College (SERC). As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, min of 2:2 in an Engineering Discipline / Operational Management or Similar (Ideally involving process innovation)
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving mentality.
- Able to work as part of a team in a Warehouse type environment.
- Proficiency in Office 365, with interest in developing IT skills – particularly in relation to Warehouse Management Systems.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!