Process Engineer/R&D Engineer, Graph Treatments Limited
Graph Treatments specialise in the treatment of aluminium. The company use a variety of anodising techniques to improve corrosion resistance and wear. The company also specialises in a variety of finishing coatings and lubricants. The company has a range of mechanical finishing options to enhance the decorative appeal of the finished product.
Graph also have an active research and development programme, concerned with developing new and improved finishes to aluminium and a range of substrates through the development of innovative technologies
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
The aim of this project is production process improvement to allow the company to implement a new Semi-automated System. The successful graduate will have a key part in designing, manufacturing and calibrating a bespoke bench mounted plating machine and then implementing this using mechatronics software into the factory.
This introduction will allow Graph Engineering to standardize and accurately control the plating process, with the advantage of rapid time adjustments for various product runs. The result will be more accurate plating and will bring the company in line with automation to increase throughput, and quality.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Graph Treatments Limited to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the South Eastern Regional College. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, min of 2:2 in an Engineering Discipline (Ideally involving process innovation/mechatronics)
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Have used some form of PLC’s Ideally Siemens TIA
- Experience in Automation Equipment
- Understand fluid power to control actuators
- Read and translate machine schematics
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!