ERP Software Implementation Graduate, Modular Automation
Modular Automation is an award winning Irish company that combines innovative engineering design with the highest quality machine build to deliver high tech smart automated equipment for leading Medical Device and Technology manufacturers.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
This project will see the successful graduate designing and developing a new bespoke project management system that will be capable of:
- enabling customers to remotely specify project details;
- enabling full project design to be created and uploaded;
- enabling procurement to check/order stock and complete indicative pricing;
- allocating and managing time and resources;
- enabling project progress to be monitored in real time by staff and customers;
- providing predictive data analytics.
This will be a cloud based solution to enable staff to access details anywhere on any site using multiple devices, as necessary and also enable customer access to monitor progress. The system will incorporate data analytics algorithmic components that will provide insight and detail on the current business processes and effect change in these processes and the overall business model.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Modular Automation to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to travel between Shannon and Belfast and also to undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Identify the business needs and enhance the functionality of the ERP system to deliver on the business goals
- Work collaboratively with all system users to assessment requirements, improve the user experience, and performance of ERP
- Create and manage a roadmap to deliver improvements
- Liaise with software developers (Integro technologies) to ensure plan is on track
- Completion of the ERP technical and training documentation
- Point of contact on and off site for technical guidance related to ERP system
- Collect, analyse and visualise data from the ERP system
- Promote innovation and support in the development of new features to improve the software.
- Actively support and contribute to the Company goals and objectives
- Contribute to the company’s continuous improvement projects
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, B.Eng or BSc in a Computing/IT/Electronics or BSc Business with Computing, Enterprise Computing or related discipline (Minimum Second Class, upper division – 2:1)
- Hold Full driver’s licence
- Possess project management skills
- Have excellent Communication & Training skills
- Hold IT system experience where you have had to interface with, collect & translate requirements from an end user
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Work experience of 2+ years in an IT/Engineering environment
- Experience of ERP implementations within a manufacturing background
- Knowledge of data analytics and business impact
- Solid understanding of high level computing languages
- Demonstrable experience in cloud based systems
- Knowledge of databases, networking and hardware
- Experience in deploying commercial software applications.
- Microsoft BI experience
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!