R&D Engineer in HVAC, Mark Éire BV
Mark Éire is a manufacturer of Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Equipment and Heat Pumps. The company supplies systems to factories, warehouses, swimming pools, food plants, hotels, restaurants, shopping centres, cinemas’, pharmaceutical plants, clean rooms, hospitals, garages, paint shops and many more.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
The role of the successful Graduate will focus on the development of a new Air Handling product, integrating an air source heat pump and heat recovery technology which will be built in-house. It will involve using technologies such as maximizing the co-efficient of performance (COP) and utilizing an absorption wheel heat recovery unit.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Mark Éire BV to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the South Eastern Regional College. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or be due to be awarded by July 2019, Degree in an Electrical Engineering or Electronics discipline
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- 2 years industry experience with electronics/PLC’s
- Knowledge of refrigeration technologies
- Knowledge of mechatronics
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!