Software Developer Maverick Communications International Ltd
Maverick Communications International Ltd provides branding, communications, web development, digital solutions and marketing services for internationally focused companies, mostly Business-to-Business, specifically, industrial manufacturers, technology-based companies, and professional education providers. Its clients tend to be mid-market, some smaller, some larger.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
Maverick Communications International Ltd’s clients are increasingly interested in how artificial intelligence-powered (AI) chatbots can be harnessed to better engage and serve their customers accessing their services digitally. A chatbot is a conversational user interface – think of a web chat online or a smart speaker like Alexa where you are conversing with a computer.
In this ambitious project, the successful graduate will undertake the development of an AI Chatbot to service clients’ customers, developing an integrated cloud-based database to enable oversight and control of the activities of the deployed chatbots.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Maverick Communications International Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Ulster University. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- To hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, a Degree (BSc/BEng) in Computer Science or closely related equivalent
- Be legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Honours Degree classification: 2:1 in Computer Science, or closely related equivalent.
- Professional experience in software development including programming and management of the software development process and lifecycle;
- Experience in Conversational user interface (chatbot) development;
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence methods, platforms and technologies, including Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Proficiency in relational and non-relational database technologies
- Ability to work in a UNIX based environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!