Process and Continuous Improvement Engineer, Rubber & Plastic Products (NI) Ltd.
Rubber & Plastic Products (NI) Ltd. manufacture hydraulic hose assemblies to customer requirements and supply a full range of hydraulic and industrial products including hose, fittings, valves, motors, plastic parts, wear parts and antivibration parts principally to the Materials Processing, agricultural and mobile power generation sectors.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Duration
The proposed project involves the design and implementation of a state-of-the-art automated process for the assembly of customized high-pressure hosing systems, so the successful Graduate will be key in the delivery of this.
Additionally, an efficient and high-performance manufacturing environment will be developed and implemented in the Company’s manufacturing facilities to facilitate the growing demand for Rubber & Plastic Products (NI) Ltd. products.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Rubber & Plastic Products (NI) Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Dundalk Institute of Technology. The role is primarily based in Coalisland, however you may be required to spend time at the Company’s Belfast facility and potential Omagh facility. As part of this role you will undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or be awarded by July 2019, Honours Degree with an award classification of a minimum (H2.2) in one of the following: Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/Sustainable Design Engineering Or similar.
- Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK and the EU.
- Previous experience in manufacturing with a particular focus on lean manufacturing and process evaluation
- Strong design and project management skills.
- Knowledge of the currently-adopted best practices in manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of design for manufacture.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!