CAMP LEADERS / STUDENT COORDINATORS WANTED
Donegal English Language School is now recruiting enthusiastic, energetic and reliable camp leaders for the summer season 2019.
Do you enjoy working with teenagers? Are you interested in contributing towards positive lifelong memories created in Ireland's surf capital and local surrounding areas? Are you looking for a unique immersive experience with international students from all over Europe? Are you flexible and able to work in a team environment as well as on your own initiative? If so, this may be the job for you.
- Camp Leader / Student Coordinator
Main duties of the coordinators/leaders:
- Live and work closely with the students acting as a point of contact between them and management
- Ensure students make a successful transition into their new environment
- Plan, prepare and implement personally unique, creative and fun activities for children, teenage or adult students
- Organize and co-ordinate the smooth transition of the students’ daily schedules
- Identify the needs of the collective group and individuals and tailor the activities to suit them
- Encourage involvement of students at their activities
- Support other members of staff in their roles and contribute towards a happy and healthy work ethic at all times
- Supervision and upkeep of designated campus house
- Help coordinate arrivals and transfers of students on a weekly basis
- Supervision and care of students during time at camp
- Work as part of the whole group to ensure a quality stay for each and every student
The successful applicant:
- Will need to be a committed, flexible and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life and work
- Will need the ability to be an approachable, fun figure for the students to interact with but who can be responsible, capable and mature in all situations
- Will need to be highly motivated and have excellent communication skills to deliver your activity programmes to a range of people
- Will need to be an excellent team player and liaise with other staff as well as the students, supporting them when in need
- Will need to be caring and committed to the children within their care and thoroughly enjoy being immersed within the camp life at DELS
- Ideally the successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in this field. However, a person with drive, tenacity and flexibility with be highly considered.
- They will have different creative, sporting, media or other unique skills to organize and plan diverse, enjoyable activities.
- They will be motivated and enthusiastic with a strong caring nature.
- Suitable applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
This is a live in position. A competitive salary, accommodation, all meals and an opportunity to avail of surfing, horse riding and other activities are included for the successful candidate.
There will be two interviews, the first round is a personal interview and the second round it is practical group interviews, they will be held at Donegal Language School, Bundoran in April/May.
If interested in the above position, please forward your cover letter and CV to Alix at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!