Baggage Handler / Ramp Agent
We are currently recruiting for Ramp Services Agents based in Dublin, Cork and Shannon Airports. Permanent Part Time and Fixed Term Part Time positions are available – we will work with you for the best fit and flexibility.
The starting rate is €10.51 per hour increasing to €11.56 after successful completion of a training programme. You will be guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours per week for the summer months and a minimum of 20 hours for the winter months with overtime readily available for Dublin roles. Hours & shift times are flexible to suit both parties. Shannon and Cork are offering 20 hours minimum.
You must be able to obtain an Airport Airside ID - by providing a full 5 year background check and Police clearance. Swissport will fully assist you with this process.
What can we offer you?
- Fully paid Induction Training – classroom and practical.
- Airport ID provided including Garda Vetting
- On-site car parking facilities at Dublin Airport provided.
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Staff discounts for shopping at The Loop, Dublin Airport & local businesses
- Access to our Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Strong career progression
- Competitive overtime rates
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25days (pro-rated)
- Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft de-icing units, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
- Service aircraft water and lavatories
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
To apply or for more details please contact Ashling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!