SICAP Community Development Officer
Under the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP), a vacancy has arisen for a part-time (17.5 hours) Community Development Officer supporting PAUL Partnership’s activities in providing development support for Community Groups to move along the community development matrix.
Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from the PAUL Partnership website www.paulpartnership.ie
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Completed application forms by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
SICAP Community Development Officer
PAUL Partnership Limerick CLG is an organisation made up of communities, state agencies, social partners, voluntary groups and elected representatives. It works with communities that have benefited least from economic and social development and aims to promote social inclusion and improve the quality of life of people living in communities in Limerick City.
Overall purpose of the job:
The SICAP Community Development Officer will be a member of the Social Programmes Team and will play an important role in the delivery of a range of well-organised, imaginative, quality projects and capacity building supports for community groups.
To work with local groups and provide advice, information, expertise, and administrative and co-ordination support to enable them to:
- Identify the short and long-term needs of the communities they represent
- Develop strategic and operational plans in response to those needs
- Develop and implement appropriate and co-ordinated social inclusion actions or services to meet those needs
- Engage in community outreach activities to support members of target groups to engage in/access these supports.
To support the development of local community groups Duties involve providing one-to-one mentoring, advice and support to volunteers and staff of local community organisations to develop their governance, facilitation and management skills, focusing on developing the skills and capacity in relation to a range of governance and management issues including:
- Financial and HR management
- Legal and regularity compliance
- Completing effective funding applications
- Chairing, facilitation, and administration of meetings
- Identifying learning and development needs
Promoting Participation in Decision Making
Provide capacity building and development support to representatives of SICAP target groups to enable them to participate more effectively in decision-making structures
- Develop and deliver on existing SICAP Projects including recruiting participants; managing panels of facilitators; scheduling training and advisory group meetings; actively promoting the projects to SICAP target groups.
- Promotion of SICAP events and sourcing resources that offer value for money
- Manage small budgets.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Keep accurate records and complete regular reports on the SICAP performance and monitoring system.
- Demonstrate strong ICT and administrative skills.
- Car Owner with full drivers licence
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a part time contract (17.5 hours). Salary is on a 6 point scale, €38,082 – 46,658 pro rata. Person appointed will begin on first point of scale.
- The position is 100% funded by SICAP 2018-2022.
- An initial contract is offered to the end of December 2019.
- Candidates may be placed on a panel for future positions within PAUL Partnership.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday April 29th 2019.
- Only electronic application forms will be accepted. Completed application forms by e-mail to email@example.com
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!