Design / Product Development Engineer, Moll Industries Ireland Ltd
Moll Industries Ireland is a custom medical injection-moulding and contract manufacturing company for the life science and high-tech industries. Moll manufactures, packages and delivers cost effective medical devices and related services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. Products include drug delivery components, syringes and plungers, suction tubing, lens cases, vials, eye care assemblies, powder filling and caps and tips.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
Moll wants to establish a new Polymer Matrix Composites (PMCs) design and production capability for PMC production. This will involve key research by the successful graduate of PMCs and polymer-composite mixes, equipment evaluation and selection, process development, 3D CAD, DFMA and 3D prototyping, tool design and modification and inspection, testing and production line qualification.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Moll Industries Ireland Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the North West Regional College (NWRC). As part of this role you can also undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess:
- To hold or due to be awarded by July 2019, min 2.2 degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymers, Material Science or Industrial Design
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Postgraduate qualification in a polymer related subject
- Experience of working in industry
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!