Research Support Officer (RSO) - Food Choice at Work Ltd
Food Choice at Work (FCW) (www.foodchoiceatwork.com) is a sector leading, scientifically proven, technology-led healthy eating management system for employees that offers employers a significant return on investment through reduced levels of obesity and absenteeism and increased productivity.
Description of Role:
Under the direction of the Research Lead, the RSO will:
- Provide specific research skills to support the development of FCW’s research agenda.
- Provide assistance in conducting research activities, including planning, conducting and communicating research studies within the overall scope of a research project.
- Coordinate and perform a variety of independent and team activities involved in data collection, analysis, documentation and interpretation of results.
- Assist in preparing technical reports.
- Provide guidance to support staff/students as agreed by the Research Lead.
- Contribute to publication of findings and attend/present at global conferences.
- Inform future technology and mobile application development.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The RSO will work on a number of specific research activities including:
- Validation of the FCW software platform to demonstrate that it accurately measures calories and nutrition composition, when compared to other nutritional analysis tools and the gold standard (laboratory analysis).
- Inclusion of novel diet quality scoring algorithms to the software to ensure it is jurisdiction specific.
- Assessing the effectiveness of digitalising the FCW system which will determine the effectiveness and user engagement of a multidimensional web platform and phone app to support healthier food choices in the workplace.
- Constructing an innovative carbon footprint metric to measure the environmental impact of the FCW system within workplaces.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
The Job Title will apply to a person of appropriate postgraduate qualifications, i.e. BSc or MPH, employed on a contract for the purpose of supporting FCW’s research activities. The RSO will work under the direction of FCW’s Research Lead, Dr Sarah Fitzgerald on a number of different research projects. Specific criteria include:
- A graduate qualification within the last four years, in a field of discipline relevant to Public Health or Nutrition (i.e. BSc or MPH).
- Some research experience is desirable.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent analytical skills and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently to a tight schedule.
- Capability of working effectively within a team to achieve results.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!