Language Exchange Program: Learn Mandarin and Teach English in China
Aston offers a special language exchange program to learn Mandarin and teach English as a second language to students ranging from kindergarten to adult.
Teach 10 hours of English lessons per week in our school and we will give you the same amount of Mandarin lessons. (English lessons range from 20 to 120 minutes in length.) We might occasionally offer you overtime teaching, for which you will be paid. Teaching hours are flexible from week to week, with the total being counted at the end of the month. Any hours in excess will be paid then.
The Language Exchange Project is open to anyone who is interested in Chinese language and culture. It is perfect for current undergraduates and recent high-school graduates but we also welcome participants who are older and have life and professional experience. Participants not only gain teaching experience with us, but have a unique opportunity to study Chinese in very small classes.
- Arrive in Shanghai or Nanjing, one of our staff picks you up at the airport.
- Tour of downtown Wuhu
- Observe experienced teachers' lessons
- Basic Chinese lessons (how to order food, how to ask where things are, etc.)
- Dinner out with all the new LE participants, teachers and Aston staff.
- Social events, such as movies, outings, etc.
- Begin teaching
- Begin Chinese classes
- Currently enrolled university students and graduates, or people who are interested in Chinese language and culture
- A native English speaker level of English is required
- Teaching experience an asset, but not essential (training and teaching materials provided)
- Easy going personality, responsible and patient, especially with young children
Our Language Exchange program is operated solely by Aston Language Centre (Wuhu). This opportunity is not intended to recruit participants for work outside Aston Language School and is not partnered with any other organisation or company.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!