Trainee Chartered Accountants
Who We Are
Walsh O'Brien Harnett are a client-focussed, boutique firm of professional advisers - Chartered Accountants, Registered Auditors and Chartered Tax Advisers - based on Baggot Street in Dublin 2.
We are a five partner, top 20 firm with circa 45 professional staff; we have ambitious plans to continue our current growth with a varied client base comprising both companies and individuals across a wide range of sizes and industries with a particular emphasis on family owned businesses, charities and not for profits and international companies. Walsh O'Brien Harnett's primary service lines are Audit and Accountancy, Taxation, Consulting, Corporate Finance and Corporate Services.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidates are enthusiastic and hard-working graduates with good communication skills who want to qualify as Chartered Accountants in a progressive firm which provides a broad range of experience.
Candidates should be degree qualified, preferably in a business discipline.
- Preparing statutory financial statements
- Completing audits
- Compiling management accounts and other management reporting
- Preparing corporation Tax, VAT, RCT and Income Tax returns
- Running outsourced payroll
- Assisting clients with business plans and financial projections
- Liaising with banks, legals and other professional advisers
- Assisting with Corporate Finance work
- Managing client Company Secretarial requirements
- Assisting in family law cases
- Ad-hoc advisory
What We Offer:
- A competitive remuneration package
- An attractive work-life balance
- All course and examination fees paid
- Paid study leave in line with CAI guidelines
- The firm understands that achieving examination success is the main goal of our trainee accountants, and we have developed support structures to ensure our high pass rates are maintained
- Rounded training programme – with opportunities to work across all of our service lines, from audit to taxation to consulting
- High level of interaction with clients from the start of your contract
- ‘Hands-on’ partner team who have day-to-day contact with all staff
- Internal training and exam coaching provided by senior staff
- Support for staff who wish to go on and study for additional qualifications, e.g. with the Irish Taxation Institute, IPASS etc.
- Attractive work-life balance
- 2.30 pm Friday finish during the summer
- Social club
- Paid exams grinds where required
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Contribution to gym membership
- Healthy workplace initiative
- Exam awards
- Life assurance
- Staff referral scheme
- Mentoring programme
How to Apply
Email your CV together with a cover letter addressed to Joe O'Brien via the 'APPLY BY EMAIL' button.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!