Occupational Health & Safety Graduate
KSG is a pioneering restaurant solutions provider and is a 100% Irish owned and controlled company. Since 2008 we have experienced rapid growth in excess of 75% and have ambitious plans for the future. We want to continue as the fastest growing contract restaurant and hospitality service provider in Ireland and we would like you to be a part of that.
We are currently for an Occupational Health & Safety Graduate to join our Head Office team based in Finglas, Dublin 11. Reporting to the Group Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Health & Safety Manager, the Occupational Health & Safety Graduate will use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the company. We have over 100 units throughout the country so travel is a requirement for this role. Applicants should have access to a car and hold a current clean driving license.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Carry out risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Review health and safety strategies and assist to develop internal policy.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that may suggest improvements.
- Investigate customer and employee accidents and incidents to full conclusion.
- Advise on, and assist with, company employee return to work process subsequent to an accident/illness resulting in personal injury.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all. Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Liaise with company clients and maintain a working knowledge of their Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensure that construction/refurbishment/contract transition projects, including implementation of new equipment and processes are planned, directed and monitored from a safety perspective.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, appropriate to the Catering Industry.
- Advise on insurance and legal claims and assist to completion/closure.
- Multi interdepartmental liaison on safety.
- 3rd level qualification in technical / science, diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation, Standards and Best Practice
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation
- Problem solver
- Strong quality and customer focus
- Works well in a team
- Excellent time management
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, we look forward to hearing from you.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!