Manufacturing / Production Engineer - Mullan Lighting & Design
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing engineering support to manufacturing through the enhancement of existing and development of new process technologies.
They will be required to work closely with Design, Production and Quality to develop a, capable, cost effective & safe manufacturing process system.
- Under guidance, demonstrates proficiency in Project Management tools to maximise project opportunities and to implement new systems.
- Create documentation to support new and improved manufacturing processes
- Coordinate with the suppliers and external resources needed in developing and implementing new process/product plans.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and application of Lean methodologies, and process improvement tools in identification and elimination of "waste" process steps and development of efficient, cost-effective equipment and processes.
- Provide technical expertise on the development of the manufacturing process, equipment selection and functionality.
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments
- Determine process’ / departments to be taken into consideration
- Evaluate existing software packages currently in use by Mullan Map out exact requirements for Mullan Lighting
- Research and review available MRP software in existence in the market
- 2.2 or higher in BEng in Manufacturing Processes, B.Sc. in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or other Engineering Science.
- 1+ years' experience in a similar role
Previous experience of implementing a new MRP system in a manufacturing environment.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!