The company is a world leader in offsite volumetric construction. They work on major Residential, Hotel and Student developments in the UK. They are Pioneers in modern methods of construction and are building world record breaking projects in the off-site construction sector. The right candidate will be invited to innovate and grow within this revolutionary business.
As a Structural Cad/BIM Technician you will have a direct involvement with intricate projects which will both challenge and motivate you. You will be part of professional team who have designed some of the most impressive structures in the UK and Ireland. The role will typically consist of the preparation of mainly manufacturing drawings for our production facility and general arrangement drawings for site installation. These drawings will be based on the information received from outside Architects, M&E and Structural Consultants under the guidance of a Design Coordinator.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare 2-D drawings & schedules.
- Preparation of structural BIM models using Tekla Structures and Revit.
- Review External Consultant drawings to extract necessary information required to complete the associated elements of work assigned.
- Liaise with other members of the Design Team and with External Consultants if and when required.
- Communicate with manufacturing coordinators to ensure the correct implementation of any new design concepts in our manufacturing facility.
- Work closely with Senor Design Coordinators to ensure on time delivery of production drawings and schedules.
- You will need a 3rd level education in Civil/Structural Engineering or a Cad related degree.
- Must have a good knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience with Tekla Structures/Revit would be an advantage but not essential..
- You will need to be self-driven and be willing to challenge yourself.
- Great interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
In return you will get to work with a professional team of technicians on unique projects. You will receive a competitive salary and be offered the opportunity to progress throughout your career.
Along with salary and progression you will be provided with on the job training and support.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!