Graduate Chemistry Position
Graduate Quality Control Chemist
(12 Months fixed-term contract)
- The Chemistry Graduate will be a member of the Quality Team, reporting to the Chemistry Co-Ordinator. The suitable candidate will gain experience in the following;
- Performing sample preparation and analysis procedures, stability & validation testing, completing all documentation, review results, troubleshooting any problems and all other laboratory related duties as assigned and required.
- Identification and delivery of improvements in efficiencies within the laboratory through the implementation of new laboratory systems, processes and reporting tools.
- Interpretation of data output to determine conformance with product specifications and peer review of data to determine conformance with product specifications.
- Strong instrumentation experience such that analysis is performed with minimal error and based upon GMP/procedural knowledge, ability to recognize laboratory technique or instrumental events that could impact the integrity of the test data.
- Responsible for support of validation activities e.g. process qualification, instrument qualifications, method transfer / validation etc.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and to implement appropriate safety procedures in the Laboratory.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry or relevant Science degree
- Relevant experience in a laboratory /quality environment within the Pharmaceutical Industry is desirable
- Experience using a Laboratory Information Management System and Chromatography Data System is desirable.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Experience implementing Lean, 6 or 5S type systems would be an advantage.
- Strong team player with ability to lead and influence.
- Strong Implementer with a proven track record.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with little supervision.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!