Production/Process Engineer - BM Steel Fabrications Ltd
BM Steel fabrications Ltd are based in Lislea, Newry, Co Down, we specialize in steel fabrication, welding in mild and stainless steel, structural steel and jig/production work. We manufacture & supply steel components within the UK and Ireland.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Structural steel
- Component Manufacture
- Architectural works (balconies, balustrades, handrails, railings etc) /Street Furniture
- Stainless steel and glass work
- Products for the Telecommunication Industry
BM steel aim to utilize the FUSION programme to drive process improvement and increase efficiency that will result in new capacity for growth, improved production management systems and a reduction on the current over reliance on single personnel.
This will be achieved by the implementation of effective manufacturing methodologies which require an analysis of the existing systems, education of the workforce and utilisation of validated process improvement tools.
As well as an attractive salary offering of £27-29k, the successful graduate will lead this 12 month project, in a supportive partnership with Athlone Institute of Technology and can also choose to undertake a fully funded post graduate qualification in Business & Management as part of the employment package.
- B.Sc / BEng with 2:2 honours in engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering design, engineering management, manufacturing, supply chain management, production manufacturing or a closely related discipline
- Legally permitted to work in BOTH the UK and the EU
- Have successfully completed a one-year undergraduate industrial placement programme in manufacturing industry or have one-year related industrial experience.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing via academic study or industrial application.
- Good analytical skills
- Good IT/Software knowledge
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Good communicator both orally and written
- Access to transport
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!