Graduate Access Advisor
O’Herlihy Access Consultancy (OHAC) are now recruiting an Access Advisor to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of different projects relating to the services provided by OHAC (mainly in the preparation of Disability Access Certificates, carrying out access audits and to act as a Part M Ancillary Certifier).
For the successful implementation of this role, there are a number of key relationships to be fostered and developed within the public, private and not for profit sectors. A high degree of flexibility and creativity will be required.
Summary of core responsibilities:
- To manage, contribute to the design and development of Disability Access Certificate
- (DAC) applications and to manage the DAC database.
- To carry out design appraisals for new buildings, extensions and building alterations and
- report to the Senior Access Consultant.
- To prepare, complete and issue DAC application documentation (i.e. Marked up
- drawings, Compliance Reports, application forms).
- To record the status and progress of applications and advise the Senior Access
- Consultant and Clients accordingly.
- To carry out site inspections and act as Part M Ancillary Certifier.
- To inspect the works at the relevant stages of a construction project with the Senior
- Access Consultant & prepare inspection reports along with the associated
- administration duties.
- To visit sites and carry out access audits and to prepare access audit reports in line with
- national good practice.
- To meet with other professionals and clients and advise in relation to Universal Design
- and accessibility.
Key Selection Criteria
- A qualification in any of the following; Building Surveying, Architecture, Construction or Engineering with a high level of design and communication skills and proficiency inCAD and presentation techniques.
2.2. Experience, Knowledge & Attributes
- An understanding of accessibility and Universal Design;
- Thorough report writing and presentation skills;
- Practical experience and level of skill in the utilisation of design packages, in particular AutoCAD;
- An understanding of disability access design solutions, and appreciation for relevant industry legislation and standards;
- A driven, self-starter with the ability to act with the minimum of supervision;
- A highly structured and organisational skills;
- The ability to quickly develop relationships with colleagues and clients alike;
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!