- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Carrying out routine service procedures
- Diagnosing and resolving problems with the operation of the mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems of machines and equipment
- A good understanding of workshop practices including safe use of hand tools, grinding equipment, welding equipment etc.
- Reading and interpreting technical instructions and diagrams
- Dismantling, examining and re-assembling mechanical systems and components
- Taking responsibility for own learning.
- Being responsible for controlling or adjusting the operation of equipment.
- How to assemble components into machine sub-assemblies following engineering assembly drawings.
- How to test machinery and sub-assemblies.
- Working with and learning from experienced craftspersons.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!