Architectural Technician - Killarney Precision Engineering Limited
Established in 1990, Killarney Precision Engineering Limited trades as O’Carroll Engineering, Laser Tube Ireland and Signature Stairs. The company has grown from a two-employee business to employing over 130 qualified and skilled staff working in a 7,500 m2 modern manufacturing facility. The Company has achieved ISO certification, CE Marking and is continually implementing Lean manufacturing processes. As innovative industry leaders, achieving the highest standards of quality is at the forefront of everything we do. To do this we recruit the best-in-class and invest in our colleagues promoting training and development in a modern work environment.
Description of role:
Architectural Technician within the Research and Development department.
- Support research and presentation of suitable new products and processes for OCE,
- Involvement in the design and structural analysis of new projects for OCE,
- Work collaboratively with production to reduce product costs through design improvements,
- Prepare, generate and analyse data for structural analysis and detail,
- Design for structural materials ensuring the highest standards of quality,
- Support specialist designs in accordance with the Building Control (Amended) Regulations, 2014,
- Prepare project related design and correspondence in conjunction with your colleagues,
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to product quality by maintaining compliance with the Quality Policy and all documented quality processes and procedures,
Skills and knowledge requirements:
- Qualification in Architectural Technology, or similar
- Experience in 3D Modelling software (Tekla Structures would be an advantage)
- Familiarity with Euro and BS design codes
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Proven to be motivated and organised with excellent communication skills
- Track record of ability to work to construction industry regulations
- Fluency in spoken, written and technical English
- Willingness to be adaptable and grow with the role, and the organisation
- Experience in working to ISO9001, EN1090 and Lean Manufacturing would be beneficial
Role offered on a two year fixed term contract
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!