Assistant Project Manager
For Purpose is Ireland’s not-for-profit graduate programme. For Purpose connects not-for-profit organisations with talented graduates who are searching ‘for purpose’ in their careers and who want to make an impact on civil society.
Graduate trainees on the For Purpose programme receive one-to-one mentoring, support and training throughout their traineeships. The programme provides you with the skills and connections to grow your career in the not-for-profit sector as well as developing your leadership potential. Co-operative Housing Ireland are seeking to add an ambitious and capable Assistant Project Manager to their team as part of the For Purpose graduate programme.
This role will be based in Co-operative Housing Ireland’s head office in Dublin city centre and offers the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding and experience of project management with a leading Approved Housing Body.
Co-operative Housing Ireland – Assistant Project Manager
Duration: 2 year fixed-term contract with the prospect of further progression on completion of the contract.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Co-operative Housing Ireland (CHI) is the national federation for the co-operative housing movement. Founded in 1973, CHI has supported the provision of homes across the country and promoted the development of affiliated local co-operative societies across Ireland. CHI is currently responsible for the management of more than 2,500 homes and has ambitious expansion plans in the coming years.
The Assistant Project Manager will be a part of the Project Management team in Co-operative Housing Ireland will play a key role in the management of CHI’s housing stock. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager will have a wide array of responsibilities including assessing sites for potential residential development, inspecting and surveying existing properties, developing feasibility studies and Scopes of Work and producing detailed site inspection and conditions reports.
The role will also involve liaising with and managing external architects, engineers, QS and other building professionals where applicable as well as ensuring that new builds are Building Regulation, Planning, Fire Cert and Disability Access Cert compliant through both onsite inspection and desktop study.
Remuneration & Benefits
The role offers an attractive remuneration package including:
- Starting salary of €27,890 rising after 12 months
- Comprehensive training and development programme including one to one mentoring sessions, group training with other For Purpose trainees, roundtable sessions and peer-led learning activities
- Positive and flexible working environment
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Career progression opportunities
- City centre location
- Contributing to meet Ireland’s social housing needs
We are looking for graduates with the following profile:
- This role will suit a Building Surveyor, Part II Architect, Architectural Technologist or Engineering Technician with a QQI level 7 degree or equivalent.
- Full Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of building surveying
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketchup and MS Office.
- Working knowledge of the Building Regulations and Planning system.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal skillset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Full working rights in Ireland
- Willingness to learn and develop in the role
If you have the above profile and would like to begin your career in a leading Approved Housing Body then we would like to hear from you. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 06th August.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!