Quality Assistant - Boran Plastic Packaging Ltd.
Boran Packaging is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers, who supply packaging across a broad range of industries, supplying customers with custom, innovative packaging solutions. Our customer list includes many “blue chip” companies supplying packaging for a variety of “house-hold” brands.
The company maintains one of the industry’s broadest and highest quality product portfolios, whose manufacturing capabilities include Extrusion, Flexographic Printing, Lamination and Conversion processes.
We are seeking to recruit a Quality Graduate to work with our team in our Site in Millennium Park, Naas, Co Kildare . You will assist with the developing, revising and implementing quality standards / systems and policies in the organisation and drive compliance with the ISO 9001 and BRC standards. Maintaining and exceeding high levels of customer satisfaction and consistently meeting the required business standards.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvements throughout the organisation.
- Assist in formulation and the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA/QC.
- Assist in Lean systems to improve both quality system and the manufacturing execution times.
- Conduct internal quality audits.
- Manage the non conformances and customer complaints system.
- Assist with customer and third party auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Assist in development, implementation, communication and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with both national and international standards and legislation.
- Effectively interact and communicate with production and other teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products.
- Plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures, including the writing of technical and management systems reports / sop’s.
- Maintain the company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Assist with standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Establishing standards of service for customers or clients.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Investigate system failures and problem solve/trouble shoot as required for corrective action.
Education & Skills
- Quality / Science Qualification essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience in Packaging industry is beneficial
- Knowledge of production processes
- Knowledge of Quality Management principles and procedures (Quality standards, ISO 9000, and BRC) Incoming and in-process quality control techniques
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with other functions and sites in order to achieve functional, site and company goals
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Planning/scheduling of own work to meet required timelines
- Flexible and adaptable
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!