Viltra is currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer. They will be based in our Newry Office to work as a key member of the Research and Development team.
This role is for 12-month duration, with the possibility of becoming a permanent member of the team at the end of this period.
During the contract period, you will support the Research and Development Department who are involved in many sectors within the water & wastewater treatment industry. Along with implementing 3D design capabilities within the business, you will also be assisting to manage an important R&D project under direct supervision of the R&D Manager.
Amongst other items you will:
- Ensure projects are being delivered to a high standard
- Produce Construction Mechanical and Electrical drawings on AutoCAD & Solid Works
- Assist in the completion of handover documentation - Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Training Plans, H&S Files
- Assist with tendering future Minor Works projects
- Follow safe work practices and comply with H&S standards
- Support general day to day administration of the R&D department
- Visit current on-going Research sites as required
- Meet with management to discuss ongoing development and progress
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably required from time-to-time
- Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline – preferably Mechanical; Chemical; Civil or Electrical
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and MS office – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must have access to a form of transport for travelling to sites
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills
- Strong engineering analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and wastewater industry
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!