Quantitative Researcher - Full Time
At Citadel, our mission is to be the most successful investment team in the world. In pursuit of this mission, our team of Quantitative Researchers analyze historical and current information through statistical and quantitative modeling, as well as predictive analytics, to identify and capture opportunities.
Quantitative Researchers collaborate with technology, investment, and trading colleagues to consistently innovate and help us reach greater heights. We aim to create unparalleled career opportunities for our Quantitative Researchers by giving them more responsibility, backed by greater resources, than other firms.
- Conduct research and statistical analyses in the evaluation of securities
- Work with large data sets, including unconventional data sources, to predict and test statistical market patterns
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve mathematical models, and translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in a live trading environment
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics(e.g.,machine learning,time-series analysis,pattern recognition, NLP)
- Prior experience working in a data driven research environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g.,MongoDB)
- Experience with distributed computing using MapReduce
- Experience with analytical packages (e.g., R,Matlab)
- Independent research experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- required (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD Degree)
Check out The Ultimate Guide to Thriving in Data Science: Quantitative Researcher for advice on how to setup your career for success.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!