Product Design Engineer - Decorative Lighting
- Research, design and create new products.
- Develop virtual models of different designs using computer software.
- Find out the manufacturing requirements by examining materials and production costs.
- Present designs and perform demonstrations of product prototypes for the approval of clients / internal departments.
- Evaluate the function, safety and appearance of products to ensure they have a practical design.
- Develop prototypes for clients with bespoke design requirements
- Attend relevant Trade events for both product sourcing and to represent the company at while exhibiting at such events.
- Must display a can do attitude
- Proactive and professional approach to all tasks
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to multitask a number of varying projects
- Have good teamwork skills while also working well on own initiative
- Work well under deadlines and have time management skills
- Must be willing to work with a high pressure environment
- Accept responsibility and accountability for projects assigned to them
- Experience with mechanical design work and knowledge in manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings, sketches etc
- Knowledge and experience with utilisation of 3-D Modelling Software
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel
- Good sketching and concept generation skills
- Ability to understand complex mathematical relationships that underpin mechanical analysis
- Project pricing / estimating
- Lighting or similar manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of lighting manufacturing regulations
- Experience in use of lean tools to help develop new processes, layouts and flow
- MRP/ERP experience
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!