Human Rights Advocacy Internship in Africa
Human Rights program include working with Tanzanian human rights professionals focusing on Children, Women, Disabled rights but also focusing on sexual rights with limitations. Research focus can be included.
- Art in Tanzania maintains compliance with The Children’s Agenda Tanzania program that includes Children and Women Rights focus. We also have Art in Tanzania Rights team including our team members, private Tanzanian people as lawyers and other rights oriented citizens and participating interns and volunteers.
- Practical work is advocacy, seminars, teaching, and visibility. Rights issues are always sensitive matters and teamwork and networking are important. The Children’s Agenda program was developed by a team of NGOs including UNICEF, Save the Children and others and it is chaired by the Ministry of Community Work Gender and Children.
- We are using our Social Media pages for advocacy work and our Facebook pages have more than 50K followers.
- Presently we are developing online and mobile platforms to reach children in rural Tanzania as the Rolling Stories https://rollingstories.com/showRoller.php?raw=1519131326051
- We are looking to hire multi-professional students and interns to support our work. We tailor posts according to the participant's focus and interests and skills.
- We provide in-country orientation and training and academic tutoring for the program.
- Interns work in teams of international students and volunteer professionals. We encourage innovation in the program approach. Work hours are 6-8 hours per day, Monday thru Friday. The Children's Agenda is an ongoing program, and we can adjust start dates.
- Paid internships include a local minimum wage of $100 USD per month. We also offer stipends depending on the terms of the internship and regulations of your home university.
- Starting and end dates are flexible and can accommodate other travel arrangements in Tanzania. International flights, Student permit, accommodation, and meals are personal costs.
- We also offer participants with disabilities personal assistants and drivers at additional expenses; $30 USD per week.
- You and your visiting friends can enjoy sustainable tourism, safaris, and local tour options at a low cost.
- To book you in and to open your personal account we need your tentative arrival and departure dates.
Contact us for more details at email@example.com or SKYPE with us at infoartintanzania.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/artintanzania
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!